January 5, 2014

Engagement Bliss?.. (Pt. 52)


Analisette took a moment to remember the last argument that had occurred between her and Adrine…

They stood inside a bridal shop two hours from New City looking at a book of tuxedos. She pointed to the one with the red detail, and said, “What do you think of this one?” Adrine ignored her question and turned the page. Analisette moved her hand before the next page fell on it and replied to his action in anger, “What the hell is your problem?!” Adrine as if in a daze answered, “What are you talking about? We are here at another shop, looking at the same set of tuxedos the other 12 shops had, when I told you I could just wear my dress uniform from when I was an officer.” Analisette was fuming, “Remember you were the one who asked me to marry you-“ Adrine smiled, “-And you were the one who agreed.” Analisette took out the keys from her purse and said, “Let’s just go, I cant do this anymore today.” Adrine just watched her then followed her outside the shop. Outside of the car Adrine said calmly, “Maybe I should drive? Since I’m less angry right now.” Analisette walked to the passenger’s side and handed over the keys and got into the car. Adrine took a deep breath and got into the car…

Analisette’s knee began to bounce and her muscles got tense and she began to get angry again. It’s as if he doesn’t care about this wedding, as if it doesn’t matter, she thought to herself. I’m here trying to work around his schedule so that we could do this together, and he just treats it as a monotonous act. This time should set the stage for what our life will be, and from what he is showing me..I just don’t know. She took a deep breath and tried to rationalize the situation. Well, it is kind of monotonous. A lot of the items seem to be similar. Maybe I’m just being-difficult. Maybe I should be more understanding, I mean he’s working hard on this case and I could tell how he is going through a change as he gets more details and less leads. I don’t want him to think that because I’m being aggressive that I’m not passionate about us anymore. She shook her head, and then looked around Adrine’s apartment. Maybe I should clean up and cook him dinner before he gets home from work. Ill text him what he would like to eat.

Adrine was pulling his fresh t-shirt over his head in the locker room of the police department. He then heard his phone beep that he got a message:

Analisette: I’m at your apartment, I thought we would have dinner and talk about things since I have been at my apartment for a week and I have been thinking a lot about us. I think it’s time we figure this all out. What do you want to eat?

Adrine thought for a moment of all the possibilities that could happen. If she would leave, stay, yell, or break off the engagement. He then replied: …Anything is fine Mami, I’ll be there soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment