April 5, 2013

Don't Call It a comeback [pt.51]


..Tonight we are taking a closer look at the new city bomber. It has been three months and the New City Police Department still have no leads and no further information other than what was stated by a local business owner Romona the owner of Mona’s a local night club. But the people of this fine city have questions that they want answered. Why has it taken so long? Are we safe? What should we do if a bomb goes off? Tonight we will explore this in further detail and speak to a first responding fire fighter and the chief of police..

                Analisette sat on the couch in a pair of sweat pants and a tank top with her curly brown hair in a messy bun. She looked away from the TV and instead looked out the window. The rain hadn’t let up for days and it was starting to bring her mood down.  She huffed, and then began to scroll through photos on her cell phone. Analisette and Adrine had been visiting every wedding shop in town for the past two months. They decided on very little and argued recently about the date. Analisette wanted to wait and Adrine wanted it to be yesterday. It had been their first argument and they hadn’t spoken much since then.

                Adrine had been working all day on the New City Bomber case. Watching Romona’s statement on a loop and reviewing all the materials used. He was trying to find a motive, a reason why someone would keep this up. He gave his full attention to the statement…

                                Adrine sat across from Romona in the NCPD interrogation room and asked, “Romona I know this is hard for you, please tell me exactly what you remember.” Romona looked away then began, “Antonio and I had just walked into the club and walked over to the bar. After everything with Rick and Lolita we needed a drink. We talked about us, talked about how if we had been in the same situation we would be strong and do our best to protect each other. We embraced, and then ….do I have to tell you what happened next?” Adrine shook his head then said, “No its ok, what happened after that.” Romona gave a half smile then continued, “ Well after,  we got dressed and Antonio had turned his head and said he thought he heard something, It’s not uncommon, the club was usually open but I closed because of the circumstances so I brushed it off. Antonio and I had been talking more and then I had gone to my office where I have a fridge so we could eat something. Antonio said he was going to go outside just to check if anyone was outside so he could tell them that we were closed. He had looked out the window and then yelled for me to get down! I instantly dropped and within seconds we heard a loud boom and there was fire everywhere. Antonio was coughing a lot and could barely breathe. I was trying to stay low. The emergency exit was on the other side of the club and my office is by the front door so we tried to get out that way. Antonio began breaking down the door because he said there was something blocking it. I stood there and kept looking back at all my work, my livelihood being burned, and as the fire drew closer to us I had told Antonio. He began to panic and all I remember is him hitting the door harder and harder and the fire coming closer and closer. Finally he opened the door. And we ran to the other side of the street and sat on the street trying to catch our breaths. I told Antonio that I couldn’t believe what was happening and I just watched as Mona’s burned. Then I looked over to Antonio who was next to me and he said I seen..I seen…then his whole body went limp and he passed out.”

Adrine looked away from the video and to his notes and seen the latest update of Antonio’s condition. He was still in a coma and his shoulder had been broken while breaking the door down. Adrine sat back in his chair and looked at his watch; he had missed lunch and was off duty soon.  He looked around and saw that Salma was talking to another officer making it obvious that she was flirting. Then she looked over at him and smiled. Adrine gave a not today face and she still walked over. Salma swung her cruves and smiled at him, “How’s the case coming?” Adrine looked at her and ignored the question. “Oh that bad huh? Maybe I could help? Maybe I could help you relieve your stress?” Adrine laughed and Salma took that as a yes and continued, “So when are you going to let me help you?” Adrine replied shortly, “Never. I laughed because you actually think you could compete with my fiancĂ©.” Salma’s face turned red and shot back with anger, “I’ve told you Adrine, I will have you wheatear you like it or not.” And she stormed away. The officer who she had been flirting with watched the argument and her storm off then gestured to Adrine what’s up? Adrine smiled and gestured that she’s crazy and got back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment