July 14, 2011

Moments of Truth (pt46)

"Why wont she shut the fuck up already!" Adrine yelled to himself. Salma Sanchez was on her third link of her life story and had no intention of stopping. Adrine had tried everything to get her to shut up,lowered all the windows so the breaking highway wind could over power her voice,raised the volume on the radio but even the bass couldn't compete with her,even stopped at a rest stop just to find retreat in the men's room but he returned to her continuation of why she would be an asset in New City because of what she went through. Adrine was annoyed to say the least. He couldn't think of anyone else that got under his skin,like she did. "Did you hear me?"Salma asked concerned. Adrine looked at her on the brink of opening up a verbal can of whoop ass,"What!What is it!" Salma backed up in the passenger side chair and said,"Someones touchy.I said that we should find something to eat,maybe somewhere to sleep its getting late and i have to get in contact with the forensic team i sent there earlier." Adrine jumped at the chance to be separated from her for a longer period of time than at the rest stop. He pulled off at the next exit and followed some signs to a fast food joint and looked at Salma. "Couldn't find anything more,classy?"She said in a smug tone. Adrine smiled,"Order a number instead of the dollar menu." Her jaw dropped. Adrine got out of his car and began to walk in. It was kid friendly with an adult twist. The smell of burgers and fries were thick in the air. He looked back to see Salma on the phone in his car. He placed his order and got it then sat down and began to eat. Salma walked in and shot him a dirty look then placed her order and sat in front of him once she had her food. He looked up from his meal and seen her with a smile on her face. "We don't have to sit together." She opened up the box containing a big greasy burger with all the fixings,"Your going to learn to like me Adrine,whether you like it or not." Adrine took a sip of his bottle of water and asked inquisitively,"How you figure?" She laughed maliciously and looked him in his eyes and said in near snarl,"We will be spending alot more time together than you think.Once you are promoted guess who will be your partner." Adrine tightened his jaw and looked at her with hatred. She smiled and stole one of his french fries and ate it seductively,"They say opposites attract,you hate me and i want you,we could make this work." Adrine rose from his seat and lifted his tray from the table,"You will never have me,ever.Get that through your head." Adrine walked over to the garbage can and emptied his tray,without making eye contact with her he left to his car.
Salma watched him leave. Once he was gone she looked at the empty seat in front of her and said,"Adrine,you'll learn how to love me as much as I love you." She acted as if she was listening to him say something,"You mean it?Really?You'll leave her for me?I knew you would." She smiled and ate her food.
Earlier in New City, Analisette sat in Minervas apartment with Abby and Susie. Susie was laying on the couch across from her talking to her dolls. And Abby sat next to Analisette and told her all about her trip and how she met Clifford and thinks he is cool. Analisette nodded her head trying to keep up."Abby take your sister into your room and watch TV there me and Analisette have to talk about grown up things." Minerva said as she walked into the living room where they were and placed two cups of coffee on the coffee table in front of Analisette. Abby looked at Susie and said,"Come on Suze lets go watch that movie you love with the big headed girls." Susie smiled and walked with Abby out of the living room.
Analisette grabbed the coffee and took a big gulp. She needed it. Everything was happening so fast. She didn't know what to do. Minerva took a seat across from her and said,"I'm so sorry to call you randomly.I just don't have anyone else. Your my only friend besides Clifford,but i don't even know anymore." Analisette put her cup on the table and shook her head,"Don't worry about it,I'm here for you. What happened between you and Clifford?" Minerva brushed her hand through her hair and said,"Well,we kissed.I mean everything was fine,until i found his wallet.He was rushing out and dropped it.A picture of me and the girls fell out and on the back Charlie had written on it. He said he was his cousin. He said he loved me." She placed her hands on her lap and began pushing back her cuticles. "Minerva,Clifford isn't a bad guy.Sometimes people are related to monsters,but that doesn't make them a monster." Analisette said calmly. Analisette had known that Clifford was related to Charlie,and that he might love Minerva,but due to everything happening so fast she had forgotten to tell her. Minerva smiled,"I really like him,but he should have told me.What if Adrine hadn't told you something like that? What if he hid something from you for all this time that you have been together? Would you forgive him?" Analisette tried to think if she was in her shoes. Tried to think about how deceitful he would have been. "I honestly don't know Minnie.I would follow my heart." She said shrugging her shoulders repeatedly. Minerva looked away,"My heart tells me to run to him. But my head is telling me he's a liar." Analisette swallowed hard,"Minnie i cant tell you what to do,ultimately the choice is yours.He's a good man,He came to us and helped Lolita and Rick-" Tears welled up in her eyes. Minerva quickly got up and sat beside her and held her hand,"Whats wrong Alise?" She looked into Minerva's eyes and said,"Lolita and Rick are dead. Clifford found them,he went to Charlies house upstate where he told them they would be safe to check on them.But,Quintens body was there too.He found them all dead.We don't know yet the story of what happened.Adrine is on the case.I have to arrange a funeral for Rick and Lolita now.Clifford told me what he found he was so hysterical.I wanted to tell you about Clifford but everything happend so fast.Im sorry." Minerva threw her arms around Analisette and hugged her tight and cried with her. "Ill help you Alise,Ill help you with everything don't worry.We will give them the best goodbye,they deserve it.Dont worry about not telling me,he told me,its ok."Minerva said reassuringly through her saddened voice. Analisette nodded and tried to compose herself. "I just really believed this would have been the best thing for Lolita,now ill never know.But Clifford gave her that opportunity to start over,he didn't know her,only knew what happened and tried to make it right.And this?" She shook her head from side to side and pushed back the tears. Minerva let her go and held her hand,"We will get through this Analisette, don't worry.Do you want to stay here until Adrine comes back?" Analisette wanted to be alone and told her but thanked her for offering. She looked at the door and said,"I think i should head back up to my apartment and get started on the planning of everything and get some estimates,i don't know." Minerva walked her to the door and gave her a big hug and reassured her if she could help to let her know.
Adrine took out his phone when he was sitting in his car waiting for Salma to return. He imagined how he could leave her here in the middle of no where,then remembered that he was working with her and would most likely get fired for it.The thought made him smile though. He hit send on Analisette and waited. "Hey,Baby." Analisette said in a sad tone. Adrines heart pained for her,"How you holding up,Mami?" She took a deep breath then replied,"I'm better than i was,i vented a little to Minerva.She said she would help with the funeral." Adrines world brightened at the sound of some progress,"That's good,baby.I haven't reached the house yet.I think i might have to get a hotel room,but i will definitely be back tomorrow night." Analisette sighed,"Ok.I'm gonna sleep in your apartment then,my apartment reminds me too much of Lolita and Rick." Adrine watched as Salma walked out of the restaurant and headed for the car. "Ok Mami,if you feel more comfortable there then do that.Make sure you eat something please."He said hoping she would listen. Salma got into the car and said with an attitude,"Who are you talking to?" Analisette looked at the phone then said,"Let me talk to her,Ill tell her who I am." Adrine rolled his eyes,"I love you Alise.Ill call you when I'm settled in the Hotel." Analisette sighed,"I was gonna play nice,promise.She was the one who had the attitude." Adrine smiled at his tough chick then repeated,"I love you." Analisette took a breath then said, "I love you too." They said goodbye then hung up.
"So,that was your girlfriend?" Salma said jealous. Adrine smiled,"No.That was my wife.And if you ever act like that again, ill put you on the phone with her.Trust me she wont be as patient as i am with you." Salma crossed her arms,looked out the window,and mumbled to herself. Adrine smiled at his win and drove.
As he pulled up to a motel he said,"Wait here,Ill get us rooms." Salma smiled,"The precinct only pays for one room,I guess we're sharing." Adrine laughed sarcastically then said,"I have my own money princess.I'm getting my own room." She looked away and huffed...

No comments:

Post a Comment